Thursday, May 20, 2010

Little Dress


I made this quilt for a guild challenge when I lived in Tennessee. The challenge was to use black, white, and one color. The little dress on this quilt is really only a dress front. It has lace, tiny buttons, and ruching. There's batting in it to make it nice and soft, and poly fill in the sleeves. The wavy yellow "border" is done with ruching. That was fun. After making the yoyo's, I put black fabric inside the opening so that it looks like you are seeing the quilt through the yoyo.
I had a sewing machine that embroidered text, so I listed popular names for girls in each decade of the 1900's. This quilt won First Prize, Viewer's Choice, and Best Design. This is one of my all-time favorites.

1 comment:

  1. Clever. Absolutely darling dress. Love all the details.

    ReplyDelete