Thursday, February 5, 2009

Double Friendship Quilt

This quilt is a variation of the Friendship block. Rather than 4 triangles surrounding the center square, there are 8. This quilt contains some of my favorite fabrics, and I enjoyed the process of combining them and arranging the blocks. I especially like how the sashing fabric is so compatible with all the blocks. This quilt will be auctioned at the Charm Girl Quilter's show at the Pearl S. Buck House in Dublin, PA on March 27, 28, and 29th. It measures 34" square.

I made this quilt on Election Day, November 4, 2008. It was an historic day no matter which party won this time around. It is my tradition to make a Presidental Election Day quilt.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Amazing, dynamic, fun, perfect--what more can I say about this quilt? That block has gone onto my "to-make" list! This IS a great blog to start your day with!!

    ReplyDelete